News and articles archive
1–9 of 9 articles
- Weatherization = Energy Conservation + Jobs 8/5/2009
- Residents of four NCP neighborhoods completed training for entry-level, green-collar jobs earlier this summer under a pilot program launched at the Local Economic Employment Development (LEED) Council.
- Recycling market skyrockets in Auburn 1/7/2009
- Under the leadership of NCP lead agency the Greater Auburn-Gresham Development Corporation (GADC), a targeted area of homes, businesses, and schools within a one-mile-square radius are participating in a litter free and recycling pilot program that mimics the City of Chicago’s current environmental action plan.
- Oasis planned for abandoned rail line 7/22/2008
- France boasts the only elevated park in the world, but Chicago plans to match the feat with the Bloomingdale Trail. Like its Parisian counterpart, the Promenade Plantée, and New York City's proposed High Line, the trail here would transform an abandoned railroad viaduct into an oasis and cut a green slice through a dense urban streetscape.
- Students create ‘Litter Free Zone’ on 79th 6/11/2008
- About 100 high school students in Auburn Gresham are working to make their community litter-free.
- Anti-littering project, website new on 63rd 6/11/2008
- NCP lead agency Greater Southwest Development Corp. and the 63rd Street Growth Commission are working together on trash pick-up; Special Service Area business owners are collaborating on the website
- South Chicago shows its green 5/20/2008
- "We've been green in the 10th Ward a long time, but people just don't realize it," says Angela Hurlock, executive director of Claretian Associates, NCP lead agency for South Chicago. On Saturday, May 31, attendees at the 10th Ward Green Summit saw for themselves.
- Recreation, creativity bloom in S. Chicago 5/14/2008
- It’s been a busy and fun, recreational and creative spring thus far in South Chicago, with a series of events related to health, fitness, the environment and the arts.
- New Homes for South Chicago, Phase IV 12/11/2007
- The New Homes for South Chicago program through new NCP lead agency Claretian Associates continues to flourish, with the number of homeowners in the community steadily growing.
- Building an oasis in a food desert 12/10/2007
- Englewood is seeing something different: Vegetables growing in the city through an urban farming program.
1–9 of 9 articles