News and articles archive
1–10 of 12 articles | Next »
- Health providers “Lunch and Learn” 10/18/2007
- About 60 health and social services providers, police officers, residents and others in Chicago Lawn gathered on Oct. 3 at Holy Cross Hospital for the first of a series of “Lunch and Learn” sessions organized by NCP partner agency Healthy Chicago Lawn.
- Lead agencies virtually all go virtual 10/17/2006
- Nearly every NCP lead agency has established a website, about half of them working through LISC and its vendor, Webitects.
- 7 lead agencies climb on-ramp to web 1/27/2006
- NCP lead agencies that had piecemeal web sites – if they had them at all – spent the fall uploading content to the New Communities Program server in preparation for launching stand-alone web sites in early 2006.
- Schools key to success in Washington Park 10/21/2005
Participants in the Washington Park planning process agreed that strong schools are the key to success for the neighborhood and its young people.
- Updated directory lists 796 retail, service firms 9/21/2005
- Working closely with Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission, Quad Communities Development Corporation (QCDC) has revised its draft retail/business directory to include approximately 796 listings for the QCDC commercial trade area. Readers are encouraged to call QCDC at 773-268-7232 to update or correct information in the business directory and to submit additional business names.
- Agency Thumbnail: St. Edmund's Redevelopment Corp. 6/28/2005
- St. Edmund's Redevelopment Corp. (SERC), established by the leaders of St. Edmund's Episcopal Church in 1990, works to renew Washington Park by developing quality affordable housing, among other efforts. The organization has developed 454 housing units in 14 buildings and will boost those statistics to 511 units in 21 buildings when it finishes projects currently underway.
- Agency Staff: Greater Auburn Gresham CDC 5/24/2005
- The Greater Auburn Gresham team is comprised of a talented and committed group of community development professionals with strong backgrounds in housing and commercial real estate, workforce development, community organizing and law enforcement.
- Agency Thumbnail: Greater Auburn-Gresham Development Corp. 5/2/2005
- Greater-Auburn Gresham Development Corp. (GADC) works to foster and promote revitalization of the low- to moderate-income neighborhoods of Auburn-Gresham, Englewood and West Chatham . The organization’s service area runs from 67 th Street to 83 rd Street north to south, and the Dan Ryan Expy. to Damen Avenue east to west.
- Agency Thumbnail: The Fund 4/17/2005
- The Fund for Community Redevelopment and Revitalization is a catalyst in bringing together various constituencies to promote a coordinated approach to community renewal in Woodlawn and North Kenwood-Oakland.
- Quad area on the way up, alderman says 4/10/2005
- Market data suggests that investment in Quad Communities is being made at all levels, ranging from new housing and educational options to lakeshore improvements and cultural amenities, from as far north as 35th Street to the southern boundary of 51st Street. “Quad Communities is one of the fastest growing areas within the city of Chicago,” says Denise Casalino, Commissioner of the Department of Planning and Development.
1–10 of 12 articles | Next »