News and articles archive
1–10 of 10 articles
- Fandango unveils Pilsen plan update 2/27/2007
- The Pilsen Planning Committee unveiled its updated Quality-of-Life Plan on Feb. 24 to an audience of local residents and city VIPs at Orozco Community Academy … but not before a rousing demonstration of traditional steps by the Mexican Dance Ensemble.
- Three communities revisit, update plans 1/24/2007
- During the past year the three NCP communities that participated in the pilot New Communities Initiative (NCI) have rounded the three-quarter turn back to the starting line. They have revisited their original, five-year-old plans, analyzing what’s been accomplished, what hasn’t, and what new needs have arisen.
- Directories map business reality, potential 8/17/2006
- Lead agencies in the Quad Communities, North Lawndale, and East Garfield Park have or are about to release business directories that provide mental maps of what goods and services they have available -- and where the geographic and categorical gaps exist that could lead to new business development.
- Mapping brings community data alive 1/31/2006
- Three NCP neighborhoods -- Humboldt Park, Chicago Lawn and Quad Communities -- are gleaning valuable data from NIPC's Full Circle Mapping Project .
- Updated directory lists 796 retail, service firms 9/21/2005
- Working closely with Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission, Quad Communities Development Corporation (QCDC) has revised its draft retail/business directory to include approximately 796 listings for the QCDC commercial trade area. Readers are encouraged to call QCDC at 773-268-7232 to update or correct information in the business directory and to submit additional business names.
- QCDC interns map community assets 9/8/2005
- “What are you doing?” " Is everything ok?” “What is that in your hand?” “That’s a great idea!” These are just of the some questions and comments directed towards QCDC community mapping interns this summer as they canvass buildings and businesses on the street.
- Quad area on the way up, alderman says 4/10/2005
- Market data suggests that investment in Quad Communities is being made at all levels, ranging from new housing and educational options to lakeshore improvements and cultural amenities, from as far north as 35th Street to the southern boundary of 51st Street. “Quad Communities is one of the fastest growing areas within the city of Chicago,” says Denise Casalino, Commissioner of the Department of Planning and Development.
- Study: Cottage Grove shows retail potential 4/10/2005
- The Cottage Grove Trade Area has experienced tremendous growth and investment and has strong retail potential, according to a study commissioned by The Quad Communities Development Corporation (QCDC) and conducted by MetroEdge, an urban market research company and subsidiary of Shorebank.
- Agency Thumbnail: Quad Communities Development Corp. 4/10/2005
- Quad Communities Development Corp., formed to participate in NCP, serves the South Side communities of North Kenwood, Oakland, and portions of Douglas and Grand Boulevard. QCDC was formed in May 2003 in partnership with 4th Ward Alderman Toni Preckwinkle and institutional, community and public housing leaders.
- What's working: Planning tips and tools 4/20/2004
- At more than two dozen planning meetings so far, the NCP lead agencies and planners from Camiros Ltd. have deployed an array of techniques to help move the process forward. Take a glimpse inside the meeting rooms.
1–10 of 10 articles