News and articles archive
1–8 of 8 articles
- Young men find Solid Ground, bright spaces 7/17/2008
- The aptly named Solid Ground Supportive Housing Facility exists to provide transitional housing for formerly homeless young men ages 16 to 21.
- Out of the trenches, onto center stage 12/16/2006
- Despite the NCP Community Assembly's downtown feel and location, the event was devoted to honoring Community Heroes for efforts to turn around often-written-off, abandoned and forgotten neighborhoods, and to celebrate their success. It was a day to spotlight “grassroots, in-the-trench work.”
- Lead agencies virtually all go virtual 10/17/2006
- Nearly every NCP lead agency has established a website, about half of them working through LISC and its vendor, Webitects.
- Visitors want to know how NCP works 8/23/2006
- We’re getting noticed. Leaders in the field of community development are talking about LISC/Chicago’s New Communities Program ... and they want to know more.
- Agency Mission and History: St. Edmund's Redevelopment Corporation 10/21/2005
The mission of St. Edmund’s Redevelopment Corporation is to renew the Washington Park neighborhood by developing quality affordable housing and fostering community revitalization opportunities for all people.
Leaders of St. Edmund’s Episcopal Church established SERC in 1990 in response to the lack of community-based development efforts and resources for neighborhood improvement and investment in Washington Park.
- WPNA enjoys a productive first year 10/21/2005
- The Washington Park Neighborhood Association (WPNA), established in March 2005, provides the neighborhood with a resident-driven organization created through collaboration with business people, religious leaders and community stakeholders.
- Agency Partners: LSNA Member Action Council 8/24/2005
- The Logan Square Neighborhood Association is comprised of more than 40 member institutions including schools, churches, block clubs, social service agencies and multi-unit buildings. Each member has a representative on the Member Action Council (MAC). The MAC sets the organizing and programmatic priorities for the organization and elects LSNA's Board of Directors.
- LSNA: Mission, description and history 8/17/2005
- LSNA's Mission: To unite institutions and residents to build and protect an excellent place to live, work, play, raise children, run a business and worship.
1–8 of 8 articles